Wednesday, April 24, 2013

But Seriously, Roasted Root Veggies

This post is simply to provide evidence of my obsession with root vegetables and also to show the world just how beautiful these humble vegetables really are. They spend their lives hidden under dirt and forgotten by many, but when scrubbed clean and given a little attention, they shine brighter than any other vegetable. For this root vegetable medley, I used turnips (my first time!), beets, golden potatoes, red onion, garlic, thyme, and rosemary. Simply. Amazing. Next time I post, I swear it will be something new. Although I can't promise it will not include some roots.

Feast your eyes (so punny) on these photos:

Look at the color on dem beets!

They look even BETTER up close.

Served with a fried egg. Breakfast perfection


No comments:

Post a Comment